Friday, February 10, 2006

The Chronological Project

Ok, I've been meaning to do this for a while, but it took me a while to get it together. And, since I have a thousand things to do over the weekend that I've been procrastinating on, I figured this was as good a time as any to occupy the front page with it.

I've had dozens of comments in the past about how hard it is to try and go back & read The Project from the beginning, and it is a pain...I was going back through the other day, trying to find an old post, and it almost drove me up a wall.

So, what I've done is put the entire story (so far) in chronological order, omitting all the present-day ramblings & leaving just the timeline itself; if you wanna get the whole picture, you'll still have to go back through the archives. In other words, I've just made it that much easier to dwell on my past. And I just now realized it, but man...with all the words I've written on this stupid thing, I could've have started my own religion. Maybe I should; that's where the money is.

What's really funny is that you can track my listening habits over the last several months by reading the chapter titles. It makes for a fun trivia game, too...

Oh well...here ya go. I'll add to this post as The Project grows & keep it linked off to the side.


Chapter 1: Andi - Part One

Chapter 2: Andi - Part Two

Chapter 3: Gloria's Results of a Misspent Youth

Chapter 4: Enter Kara

Chapter 5: She Doesn't Look Druish?

Chapter 6: Wine, Women & Motorcycles

Chapter 7: Funeral for a Friend

Chapter 8: Triangle Man

Chapter 9: Mushrooms After Midnight

Chapter 10: Take Away this Ball & Chain

Chapter 11: Do the Right Thing

Chapter 12: Who the Hell did I Think I Was?

Chapter 13: Screw You Guys; I'm Goin' Home...

Chapter 14: Born to Run

Chapter 15: A Million Miles Away

Chapter 16: Don't Go Back to Rockville

Chapter 17: Mama, I'm Comin' Home

Chapter 18: Misplaced Childhood

Chapter 19: Clutching at Straws

Chapter 20: You Don't Have to Call Me Darlin', Darlin...

Chapter 21: Don't Give Me No Hand-Me-Down Love

Chapter 22: Don't Ask Me No Questions

Chapter 23: A Matter of Trust

Chapter 24: All She Wrote

Chapter 25: Wrong Way on a One-Way Track

Chapter 26: After the Fall

Chapter 27: Hard Luck Woman

Chapter 28: Standin' in that Doorway Like a Dream

Chapter 29: Time Wounds All Heels

Chapter 30: Blinded by the Light

Chapter 31: Cut Loose Like a Deuce

Chapter 32: The Future Ain't What it Used to Be

Chapter 33: Mona Lisa's & Mad Hatters

Chapter 34: Close, but not Touching

Chapter 35: Lost Boys & Golden Girls

Chapter 36: Reason to Believe

Chapter 37: Thought I'd Lost the Blues...Thought I'd Paid my Dues

Chapter 38: This Time, Darlin'

Chapter 39: Meanwhile, Back in 1993...

Chapter 40: Snowblind

Chapter 41: Magic & Loss

Chapter 42: Late of Conscience

Chapter 43: Alone Again in the Lap of Luxury

Chapter 44: Put the Load Right on Me

Chapter 45: Dishes are Done

Chapter 46: Out of the Frying Pan

Chapter 47: ...and Into the Fire

Chapter 48: Heat of the Moment

Chapter 49: Circling the Wagons

Chapter 50: Reasons

Chapter 51: Night Moves

Chapter 52: Sneakin' Sally Through the Alley

Chapter 53: Windows are for Cheaters, Chimneys for the Poor

Chapter 54: Ghosts of Ex's Past - Part One

Chapter 55: Thorn in my Pride

Chapter 56: Childlike Faith in Childhood's End

Chapter 57: The Last Waltz

Chapter 58: Send Me Dead Flowers

Chapter 59: Skating Away, on the Thin Ice of a New Day

I haven't revised this page in a while, so you'll have to just read on from there yourself...I'll do it soon, I promise!


11 Comments:

Blogger Jamy recalled...

It's not a religion, it's a freakin' novel. Wowie. Good work. (And thanks for taking care of that other thin. ;)

Friday, February 10, 2006 7:32:00 AM  
Blogger D recalled...

I found it most useful to just start at the beginning and slough through it all in order to catch up. It was a tough few days of pretending to look busy at work while I read your life, but I managed.

I'm glad we're in year 1... I'm catching up on other blogs that are 2+ years old and it's taking me WEEKS of determined slacking to get through.

It's not for everyone, that's for sure.

Friday, February 10, 2006 9:04:00 AM  
Blogger Jaded recalled...

And if it's a memoir, you can apparently make stuff up and still rake in lots o' cash. So, the money's in religion and made up memoirs, which I always thought was called a novel, but hell...whatever works.

Friday, February 10, 2006 8:28:00 PM  
Blogger Jessie B recalled...

...can't....stop...READING! AH!

www.yikes.ca

Sunday, February 12, 2006 1:47:00 AM  
Blogger Meeko's Momma recalled...

Glad I started early too. Damn that is a lot of chapters! I've been here a long time! At least this way you will have it more in order -- more like book format. Keep it coming!

Sunday, February 12, 2006 4:32:00 AM  
Blogger Megan recalled...

I think this is the first time I've ever commented here, and I feel kind of bad that I'm going to nag you, but we're approaching almost a month since you've actually worked on THE PROJECT here. Time to get back to the healing maybe? ...and to satisfy our collective cravings?

Sunday, February 12, 2006 12:42:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown recalled...

not to mention the strain it puts on Dene and my relationship when she's late because she's been reading this blog.

Sunday, February 12, 2006 1:37:00 PM  
Blogger La Nouvelle Orleans Film recalled...

This is an awesome catch up spot for us newbies! Thanks for the info in a one stop shop!

Tuesday, February 14, 2006 7:35:00 PM  
Blogger Oleander recalled...

Wow! Amazing...just great!!
Love it...can't stop reading
:D

Please think about making a book of it... please!!!

Wednesday, March 14, 2007 11:36:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown recalled...

Just wanted to point out that between Chapters 44 (Put the Load Right on Me)and 45 (Out of the Frying Pan) you left out the "Dishes are done" chapter: http://exgfproject.blogspot.com/2005/12/dishes-are-done.html

Thanks for the project! It's always nice to know you're not the only one out there.

Monday, October 08, 2007 3:15:00 PM  
Blogger hannah recalled...

A month ago I was exactly feeling how you are feeling now, in pain, crying, heart broken, and then I found this site saveabreakup.com and I followed their instructions, I had my girlfriend come back to me in no time so fast !! I was so so happy and I'm still very happy, don't give up! I suggest you view the free videos that tell you what to do on saveabreakup.com

Sunday, September 19, 2010 11:24:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home