Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Lost Boys & Golden Girls....

So, anyway, nothing happened that night. We woke up the next morning & ate cereal while watching cartoons, and I remember during Muppet Babies, we got to talking about who our favorite Muppet was; mine has always been a toss-up between Scooter (whom I once had a cat named after) and Beaker; I forgot who hers was, but she then proceeded to do this little squeaky-muppet voice that I remember thinking should be really annoying, but instead was about the most charming thing I'd ever seen.

I had to go to work that afternoon...probably at about 2 o'clock, so we just kind of spent a lazy morning around the house, waiting for us to both have to leave. I thought there was detectable tension in the air, but I still couldn't be sure; she hadn't made any moves toward me, but she was still here...obviously that counted for something, right? She wasn't exactly giving me googly-eyes & batting her lashes, but she didn't seem like the type to do those kind of things, either...so I didn't know what to think. These days, I would realize that if a woman had tolerated my company that long already, she was either in love or insane, but back then, I was still groping in the dark. I knew I was on the clock, tho...so about an hour before I had to leave, somehow I weasled my way into giving her a back massage on my bed...maybe she complained that her back hurt, I can't remember. Either way, I knew that was my chance.

I took her into the bedroom & gave her one of my patented massages, which was one of the few things that I knew I did pretty well back then, and she seemed to enjoy it; she wasn't digging her nails into the bed & moaning, but she seemed receptive. I remember I looked over at the clock & saw that I only had a few minutes; if I was going to make a move, it was now or never. So, after getting her suitably relaxed, I leaned down, hesitated a moment while breathing softly on the back of her ear, and gently kissed her neck. She let out a little sigh and her arms reached back to find me. I remember I grabbed her hand tightly and kissed her neck for another moment until she turned herself over and we finally kissed. When we broke apart after a few minutes, I looked over at the clock, and she said "Why did you wait until now to do that?". Because I'm an idiot...didn't you get the memo?

We kissed for another minute or two, not saying anything, until I looked at the clock again & saw that I was already going to be late, even though I only lived about a mile away. I told her that I wished I had done it last night, but that I had to go now. We got up & she gathered her things together and we both left together. I don't remember kissing her goodbye or telling her I would see her later, or anything...we might have, but I don't think so; I think I was still a little drunk from the whole thing. I do remember getting to work & telling all the guys there what the big smile on my face was about, but aside from that, the rest of the day was a blur. I'm sure I talked to Alan & the guys at some point, but it had already been an eventful year & we were all used to crazy things happening, so I don't think I made a huge deal out of it. In fact, I don't remember anything else about it until a few days later.

Come to think of it, it was probably 12 years ago today that this happened, because it was like the Wednesday during the week before Halloween. I was at work & I got a call, which my nosey boss informed me was "a girl" on the line. I picked up the phone and was genuinely surprised to find out it was Maria. Even after what had happened a few days before, I still wasn't sure if she liked me or not...probably because my self-esteem wasn't at it's highest at that point, so I was thrilled to hear from her. And calling me at work, no less! I must have given her the number, though I don't remember doing so (and I guess it wouldn't have taken a genius to get it, anyway).

Anyway, the phone call soon erased any doubts I had. I remember it was really cute; she had a friend of hers there in the dorm room with her, and the friend was egging her on, saying things like "just ask him out already!" & stuff...which made me smile bigger than The Joker. So, she asked what I was doing that weekend, and I said that I was totally free. She said she had been thinking about coming to town, and I played coy & asked mer why she would want to do a thing like that? She said that there was someone she sort of wanted to come see, and I asked her who, and she asked if I didn't already know, and we did that little dance for a few minutes, which was cute. We talked for a few minutes more & made plans to go out that weekend, but I remember I had to work Friday night, so she said she would come down on Saturday. I remember thinking to myself that, even though this would technically be our first date, she was already guaranteed to sleep over at my house, so I figured at this point, I couldn't lose...

That Saturday came, and I don't remember anything that happened before she showed up, but knowing me, I was probably doing my best to clean up the six dishes I broke while trying to clean the house & trying desperately to make the place smell just a little less like dope. The only thing I remember about that evening is suggesting that we go see a movie, and finding that no horror films were out, ending up going to see The Beverly Hillbillies movie, which I remember not one single thing about.

Afterwards, I sort of took her on a little tour of some of the town, and then we went for a drink at a local parrothead-type bar that was a staple of my formulative years, but sadly closed down a few years back. I remember that she ordered a Killian's Red, and barely drank any of it, but we still had a good time. We sat there & talked for a while, but I remember I was in a hurry to get home and put on the Barry White records, if you know what I mean...

We got home in the middle of Saturday Night Live, and we laid on the sofa & watched it until it went off the air. Afterwards, I looked down & noticed that she had started to fall asleep. I remember feeling a little sting of dissappointment, as I still hadn't even kissed her again since the last time we'd seen each other. I reached down & kissed her on the forehead & asked if she was ready for bed. She said she was, so we went into the bedroom, where I stripped down to my boxers & she went into the bathroom to get ready for bed.

She came out wearing a nightgown that was just long enough to be conservative, but just short & sheer enough to be sexy, too, and I remember thinking that even the way she dressed was giving me mixed signals. As she climbed into bed, she apologized for being so tired so early. I told her it was ok, and that I had gotten up early that morning, too (which probably meant around 10:00). She got under the covers, laid down beside me & we talked for a minute or two, and I don't remember anything we said, as I was constantly trying to read the situation.

It was already obvious that Maria was the type of girl you had to make the first move with, and I was pretty sure she wanted me to make that move..but I was still nervous. Like I said, these days, I'd have been all over her like makeup on Gene Simmons, but I remember having the damdest time trying to read that girl on that particular night. She had already slept in my bed, we had already made out, we had known each other for a few weeks now, and she was driving an hour to see me regularly already, but I still didn't know what was too much, too soon. She was a different kind of girl than I was used to being with, and I already liked her enough to not want to blow it.

When she reached over to kiss me goodnight, I decided to take my chances. I grabbed her shoulders firmly & held her to me as we kissed, and it didn't feel like she wanted me to let her go, so I didn't. After kissing for a few minutes, I turned her over, moved on top of her, and started to undo the buttons on her gown. I remember being amazed at how firm her body was, and I remember she smelled like absolute heaven. I realize now that I'm too embarrassed to actually try to write my love scenes in too much detail, but suffice it to say that this was a nice one. Afterwards, we were both spent, and we fell asleep together with her head on my shoulder.

The next morning, we slept in as late as we could, but she had to be back at school early that afternoon for something, so we didn't spend much time together before she left. Before she left, though, I remember I was standing up beside the bed, looking out the window while she was packing her bag, when she grabbed me by my belt, threw me backwards onto the bed, jumped on top of me, and started kissing me. I looked up at her & asked "So where did this playful person come from?", and she smiled impishly & said that I had just brought something out in her.

I figured I could relax at least for now; she definitely liked me...

8 Comments:

Blogger Jhena recalled...

Is this me?

no, coz you're not my ex as far as I know and I'm definitely shorter than 5'2". What am I talking about? too familiar, as I have said. hope you won't get sick so you can do the next installment tomorrow. I just can't wait to know more about this chick.

Wednesday, October 26, 2005 4:53:00 AM  
Blogger Michelle recalled...

haha, my thoughts exactly jhena.

Wednesday, October 26, 2005 6:09:00 AM  
Blogger PAINKEY recalled...

It brings a smile to my face to see or in our case read about someone good step in the picture ;)
It's nice when you can go back and think about being in a normal relationship with someone.
I too cant wait to read more.

keep bloggin!
hope you are back to feeling 100% ;)

Wednesday, October 26, 2005 9:20:00 AM  
Blogger M recalled...

what happened to this one? she sounds like she could have been a keeper. :-(

Wednesday, October 26, 2005 6:05:00 PM  
Blogger Jhena recalled...

I wish you can write more. I hate to see the same entry on the next day. hahah! Just can't wait.

Wednesday, October 26, 2005 11:02:00 PM  
Blogger ExBF recalled...

I'm workin' on it...hold your horses ;)
You sure that wasn't you, Jhena?

Thursday, October 27, 2005 4:19:00 AM  
Blogger Meeko's Momma recalled...

I am still absolutely loving your blog--I check it every day like a lot of others--keep it coming!!

Thursday, October 27, 2005 4:26:00 AM  
Blogger Jhena recalled...

I guess? Oh yeah,I'm not sure. I mean I am sure, I'm not Maria. It's just that everything's too familiar. DOn't worry it's not me. I'm shorter like what I've said. Ok, I'm heading to the next post.

Thursday, October 27, 2005 9:46:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home