Monday, March 27, 2006

Still the Same...

Been takin' a lil' break...as some of you kind readers suggested. Imagine that, me not wanting to dwell on my past...stop the presses. Nothing much to write about, anyway, although it turns out that I won't be moving next week, after all. My landlord offered me a good deal to stay, and I really like the place & didn't want to move, anyway, so I'm gonna stay put for the time being. I haven't told Lanie yet, but she's gonna be dissappointed; I'm pretty sure she had been looking forward to having me under the same roof to serve as her emotional tampon whenever the flow got heavy. I'm kidding...but she is gonna be bummed. As it got closer & closer, though, the thought of having roommates again was really starting to make me panic...I'm really not sure I could've coped, so I'm glad things worked out the way they did.

Speaking of the devil, I'm still thinking about allowing Lanie to do a guest-blog, but when I told her the other night that folks actually might be interested in hearing from her, she got all flighty & said she didn't know what to say...to which I told her that I just figured she already had something she wanted to say, since it was her idea & all. But, no, apparently she just wanted to bitch about how much this whole thing w' Roxanne has been annoying her, and how lame I am because of it...something I think I do a pretty good job of conveying already. In any case, I might not be opposed to it...maybe if I let her go on her own she could give some perspective on the situation that I can't, or won't.

No new news from Roxanne...but I might be seeing her this weekend. It turns out that her & Jerry's stepsister is having some stupid fund-raiser for her stupid performance-art troupe on Friday, and I know she's gonna be there....probably without the boyfriend one, 'cus she rarely goes anywhere that Roxanne's parents will also be (her parents don't know...and she has no plans of telling them...which only reinforces my theories, but I digress). Even if the boyfriend one does show up, at least I'll get to see how they are together, and I'll get to make the other one nervous & edgy, which is always fun.

And, as far as the project goes, before I got back on the Roxanne-a-go-round a couple weeks ago, I had planned to skip ahead a year or so & start in on the J.C. story...which I think will be the next step here. I know a couple of people have asked to hear about more craziness from Veronica, and there'll be plenty more of that to come, but I might skip ahead a bit just to be able to write about something less depressing for a while & get myself back into the groove. It all comes out the same in the end, anyway....

But, for the rest of today, I'd like you all to join me in a moment of remembrance for someone we lost this weekend...



Keep on pickin' & grinnin', Buck....

4 Comments:

Blogger Jaded recalled...

Glad that the landlord worked something out for you. Even happier that you took some time off.

Good luck seeing Roxanne! And if she hasn't told her parents yet, it's not important enough for her to do it at all. That is rather promising for you.

Monday, March 27, 2006 4:46:00 PM  
Blogger BiblioTECHa recalled...

I am still up for some Lanie tales, Buckaroo.

And I agree that if Roxanne is still in the closet with her folks, that bodes well for you. Not that coming out isn't a tough thing, but she clearly still loves you and she isn't getting into the whole "hey, mom and dad, meet the woman I sleep with" (if they [still] sleep together- these sitchs get complicated fast), Swamii Steph predicts an X and Roxanne reunion tour.

Tuesday, March 28, 2006 9:19:00 AM  
Blogger Lynn-e recalled...

Enjoy your break away from the blog....

Tuesday, March 28, 2006 10:25:00 AM  
Blogger M recalled...

dwelling on the past is no good i've learned. i think you're learning that too. hope you're doing good. miss ya.

Tuesday, March 28, 2006 10:58:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home