Saturday, September 24, 2005

...are you sure you got the right number?

Ever since I started this blog, I've been consistently amazed at the number of people who seem to actually give a hoot about my mixed-up life & the things I write about, but this one really threw me for a loop: I got an email asking me if I'd be willing to do an interview for an internet radio show on www.pulverradio.com (it's a pretty cool station, you should definitely check it out...they even have Shadoe Stevens!) called 'Mikey Likes It'. Apparently, Mikey himself is a fan of the site & he wrote me & asked if I'd be up for it, so I said I'd mull it over & let him know.

Like I said, I'm shocked that anybody actually wants to read any of this, much less interview me, but it does sound like fun; I'm just worried about this whole thing spiralling out of control and me ending up with a price on my head & a string of paternity suits...or even worse, a rumor linking me to Paris Hilton...yuck. I dunno, what do you guys think? Should I go for it? Or should I take the Wachowski brothers route & wallow in my anonymity? My friend Elaine said something poignant: it's not like I have that good a name to ruin in the first place...(and it's not like I'd use my real one, anyway).

11 Comments:

Blogger Lay recalled...

i love your blog

Saturday, September 24, 2005 8:37:00 PM  
Blogger Fly Girl recalled...

Go for it! I think you'll learn as much from doing the interview as the audience will learn from listening to you. I would, however, use a pseudonym and be very careful about naming others using their real names.

Saturday, September 24, 2005 8:45:00 PM  
Blogger The Baxter recalled...

diggin' the blog! thanks.
bax

Saturday, September 24, 2005 9:08:00 PM  
Blogger Mia recalled...

oh wow, thats great !

good luck 'n keep blogging !

Saturday, September 24, 2005 9:11:00 PM  
Blogger Mad Munkey recalled...

Failure to experience, is failure to allow yourself to grow.

Saturday, September 24, 2005 10:48:00 PM  
Blogger Elsbit recalled...

Why the hell not? You have already done audio posts so your voice isn't exactly a mystery:) That said, I would definitely remain anonymous...

Liz

Saturday, September 24, 2005 11:00:00 PM  
Blogger PrincessMax recalled...

More story! More story!

Sunday, September 25, 2005 1:44:00 AM  
Blogger Dak-Ind recalled...

well i like visiting your blog, so it doesnt suprise me that other people are fans, too! keep up the good work, go on the show, have a good time.

Sunday, September 25, 2005 1:51:00 AM  
Blogger magicgirl recalled...

i think you should go for it....
one time in your life, it will be a laugh

Sunday, September 25, 2005 1:52:00 AM  
Blogger Schumi's Pilot recalled...

I agree with both sides of a lot of what people are saying. There are good points to both sides. But I also say when else are you going to have an opportunity like this? If nothing else it would be a fun story you can tell people as your 15 minutes... I think it would be an experience that you would regret not doing much more than one you would regret doing... That said, do what you want to do.

Sunday, September 25, 2005 2:06:00 AM  
Blogger Tara recalled...

You might learn a lot from people's questions and comments. You might end up with a book or broadcast deal (or something else fun and lucrative). Don't artists find their way to fame, or at least enough to eat, through personal expression?

I say do it, of course with caution about anonymity. Also, you might want to be careful not to reveal details you haven't written about yet... wouldn't wanna pollute the catharsis of writing just for you yet (or ruin the ending for your readers)!

Monday, September 26, 2005 8:36:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home