Thursday, August 17, 2006

Seperate Ways (Worlds Apart)

Well, since I'm leaving for the shoot today, I had planned on just making a quick 'goodbye, wish me luck' post....and then I woke up this morning, went to my 8:00 meeting at a local coffee shop....and found myself standing in line behind Roxanne & the girl/boyfriend. Ya, I know; that's what I said, too...

I mean, even for me, those are crazy 1-in-a-million odds. I'm leaving town in like 8 hours, and it's as if fate itself woke up drunk this morning & said "Oh yeah, here...ya forgot THIS!". First time I had spoken to her in 3 months...and it was short & awkward as always, with the feel of the boy/girlfriend's eyes boring through the back of my skull the whole time. We talked about her mom, whom I heard had been ill recently, and then I told her that I was leaving today to go do the movie. She smiled politely & just said 'that's great; good luck'. Then I went to my table (where the guys I was meeting with had already been ogling her all morning before I got there), and she went to hers. She didn't say goodbye to me when she left a little while later.

Even as awkward & quiet as our interactions always are nowadays, she seemed even more reserved than usual this time, and I can't help but think it has something to do with the rift between her brother & I. Who knows.

And she looked just...gorgeous. At eight-o-fucking-clock in the morning, she could have stopped traffic a mile away. I'm honestly not sure I've ever seen her look so good, and that's saying something.

So, here I stand, having spent the past year trying to work past all this stuff, about to embark upon the biggest adventure of my life, proud of myself & excited for the first time ingod knows how long, looking forward to the future & enjoying the present....and then, out of the blue, there she is.

And I don't care.

Stop clapping; it's not what you think...I mean, I care. I still love her & I always will; but my life doesn't revolve around that fact anymore. For once, I'm out here doing something for me, and not her. I have a life to live, and she apparently has hers; I saw a glimpse of it this morning. And yes, I'm here writing about it now & thinking about it here now...but this is where I'm going to leave it, here on the page. it's not coming with me this time. I got stuff to do. And I don't even have any more time to waste writing about it.

See you guys in a month, and wish me luck. I gotta hit the road...

16 Comments:

Blogger Chika recalled...

Dude, you are so friggin' awesome.

Thursday, August 17, 2006 8:26:00 PM  
Blogger LB recalled...

I've been obsessively lurking around your blog for the last month or so, catching up on your history.

What I can say is: Good for you. When you can move past a potentially devastating chance meeting like that and go on your merry way - well, then you've really gotten somewhere.

Good luck!

Thursday, August 17, 2006 8:45:00 PM  
Blogger chicaleecious recalled...

WOW, if that's not a sign of closures, then I don't know what is. It sounds like a page right out of a movie...

Well, either way, I hope everything goes well with your project -- and well, your life in general. I hope we still hear from you though, every now and then, even if you decide never to write about all that again.

I am so proud of and excited for you. Best of luck!!!!

Friday, August 18, 2006 1:49:00 AM  
Blogger Beth recalled...

Good Luck!!!

I'm sure it'll all go amazingly well!

Friday, August 18, 2006 2:28:00 AM  
Blogger hodgeshousewife recalled...

Congratulations and good luck on the film!

Friday, August 18, 2006 7:10:00 AM  
Blogger Jaded recalled...

That is some seriously great news.

Break a leg!

Friday, August 18, 2006 9:46:00 AM  
Blogger M recalled...

good luck you! i don't know exactly where you're going (to work on your film, i know), but wherever it is, do your best, and it will come back to you one hundred fold, i'm sure of it. because you're right, for the first time, you're really trying to do something for yourself, and that means you're going to enjoy the benefits.

take a deep breath now.... it's great to just breathe sometimes and get all that old weight from the past off your chest, isn't it?

talk to ya later! :-)

Saturday, August 19, 2006 12:40:00 AM  
Blogger Priscilla recalled...

Good luck!

Saturday, August 19, 2006 5:17:00 PM  
Blogger EsmeeAirlia recalled...

Good job for getting over that chance encounter with Roxanne. A few months ago, it would have brought back a rush of new memories, worries, and posts pertaining to Roxanne and your past relationship.
They say an idle mind is the devil's workshop and you evidently were far too idle for far too long. As much as we humans don't like to believe it, a lot of what happens over the course of our lives depends on us and our decisions alone. Therefore, your pining over Kara, Roxanna, etc. were just products of your idleness/unwillingness to move on. Congratulations on accepting your feelings for Roxanne, but also for choosing to productively live your life. All the best on your movie.

Wednesday, August 23, 2006 12:37:00 AM  
Blogger PAINKEY recalled...

esmee, said a freakin mouth full.
so, aside from that, big hugs for ya...you make us all proud!

best of luck to ya ;)

Thursday, August 24, 2006 9:45:00 AM  
Blogger Equilibrio Global recalled...

X,

Read your whole blog these last few days... Don't know when you'll be back, but I just had to say - you have a great ending to a movie right here, going off to live YOUR life and being open to endless possibilities!!!

See you when you get back and good luck!!!

Monday, August 28, 2006 1:20:00 AM  
Blogger HotDudi recalled...

Have missed you while you've been gone...looking forward to hearing all about your adventures when you come back...

Good to hear you're gonna live your life from now on...you have so much to accomplish...wishing you the best of luck :-)

& WooHoo!!! *cheering & clapping* ;-)

Monday, September 04, 2006 7:52:00 AM  
Blogger PAINKEY recalled...

hey pal, just checkin in with ya.
hope all is going well. Just wanted to drop in and say hi even tho your gone....miss ya pal.

peac
e

Wednesday, October 11, 2006 3:06:00 PM  
Blogger Jaded recalled...

Ok, so, it's been TWO months. How'd everything go?!

Sunday, October 15, 2006 9:16:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous recalled...

Soar the adventure...screw the past. Go where you need to...you will find you're own peace in doing what you need to on your own.

Yes, fragments of past times will enter into present. But ignore. You have learned from the past to make you who you are today.

Cheers mate!
NFC

Saturday, November 25, 2006 9:59:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous recalled...

Body Language Signs and Seduction Techniques. How To Kiss A Girl Without Getting Your Face Slapped.


Have you ever wondered if there is a secret signal to let you know if she wants to be kissed? The answer is "Yes!" By learning how to read body language signals you will be able to tell when she is ready for a sexy kiss. Learn how to kiss a girl when she is ready, for the ultimate in seduction technique.

There are many varied body language signs that a sexually interested woman will display. Many of the initial gestures are quite subtle. However, once a flirting female becomes more interested the signals become more obvious. Learning how to read body la nguage is pretty simple at this point, when you know what body language signs to look for.

Generally speaking, the more sexually aroused the person, the more playing with the mouth and lips there will be. Licking of the lips is a subconscious body language sign of all humans when faced with an object of desire. Playing suggestively with straws, cigarettes, food and fingers are all excellent body language signs of a seriously flirting woman. The more aroused she becomes, the more sensitive and the more aware, she is becoming of her lips. The more engorged her lips become, the more pleasant the sensation of playing with her own mouth will become.

Licking her lips is an indicator that a sexy kiss is probably not unwelcome. Licking her fingers, and playing with spoons and food suggestively are all strong sexual body language signs. Your seduction technique will be vastly improved when you know to look for these gestures. Learning how to kiss a girl is all about timing. The longer you make her wait, the more welcome a sexy kiss will be.

How to read body language is simplified when you realize that eating, drinking and smoking at a faster rate are performed by those with erotic thoughts.

One of the last body language signs that she is ready for a sexy kiss is when she starts moving her head in closer to yours. This is pretty close to an open invitation for you to kiss her. Once the flirting female tilts her head towards yours in a kissing position, you are now pretty safe in assuming you can kiss her.

Your seduction technique for a first sexy kiss should be a gentle light brush across the lips. You should leave the girl wanting more. Do not overwhelm her initially or she may change her mind. If she should start to pull away or clench her mouth, you have gone too fast, and you should stop.

A successful seduction technique involves knowing how to read body language. You will be rewarded with a sexy kiss when you read her body language signs. Timing is everything in how to kiss a girl.

Read More.........

Thursday, January 17, 2008 9:56:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home