Thursday, February 23, 2006

Viscious Cycles

Ya, I know, I haven't meant to leave things hanging so long, but one thing just follows another; my friend Elaine has been in the hospital the past couple of days, and today, they just found what was wrong with her. It seems she has a blood clot in her leg, and...I'm more than a little freaked out about it. Yes, they caught it early, and she's fit & healthy otherwise, but she's like a sister to me, only closer, and I'm worried about her somthin' awful. I know I probably don't talk about her much, as she's not technically an ex & didn't enter the picture 'til a few years ago, but she's my other best friend in the world, and I don't know what in the world I would do if anything happened to her...

They're moving her to another room tonight & running some tests to prep for...whatever it is they have to do, and I just came home from the studio & got the latest news, so I'm headed there right now. Just keep your fingers crossed for her...and for me. Be back as soon as I can...

6 Comments:

Blogger Jamy recalled...

Not that it helps, but my cousin had the exact same thing (clot in thigh) when she was 25-ish. She's lived with it for over 10 years, had a baby and everything, which is high risk with that condition.

It was painful at first and it is dangerous, but they can treat it and life will go on as before.

Take care of your friend. We can wait.

Thursday, February 23, 2006 5:26:00 PM  
Blogger Jaded recalled...

I also have a friend that went through that. She got it from sitting through a long flight from Peru. She was in the hospital for a while, but she's perfectly fine now.

Thoughts and prayers are with you both.

Thursday, February 23, 2006 6:13:00 PM  
Blogger M recalled...

hope she gets better. everything will be okay. :-)

Thursday, February 23, 2006 8:46:00 PM  
Blogger pookalu recalled...

there's no reason for you to apologize for not "entertaining" us.

your friends are there for you and you for them, and that's the way it should be.

Friday, February 24, 2006 7:38:00 AM  
Blogger D recalled...

Thanks for checking in, I think some of us were starting to worry. All the best to you and your friend!

Friday, February 24, 2006 8:43:00 AM  
Blogger Michelle recalled...

Maybe it takes something scary like this for you and your best friend to realize that you really can't live without each other and take the next step!

Friday, February 24, 2006 12:17:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home