Wednesday, December 28, 2005

If we make it through December...

I have about 15 minutes to post, because my apartment has been invaded by my friend Kris from out of town, who's staying with me through the new year. Actually, she's Alan's wife's best friend, and she doesn't wanna stay with them 'cus they're living with Alan's parents while they get ready to move into their home, so I'm stuck with a roommate for a few days....which I have learned quickly that I am not accustomed to anymore. And, of course, we've been good friends for years, so there's not even any funny business goin' on since she's too hip to my bullshit; I just get to enjoy tampons in my bathroom & having my TV commandeered without any of the fringe benefits...

Plus, she & Alan's wife, in the past 24 hours, have completely turned my whole apartment upside down, thrown away things I didn't even know I had, re-arranged furniture, done something or the other to the kitchen that I can't quite place, and woken me up at seven in the goddamn morning so they could do freakin' yoga together...which apparently involves watching the Today show at top volume & whacking away on my computer while I'm sleeping 3 feet away because they're trying to get mapquest directions to a hair salon that's about a quarter-mile down the road. But, she cleaned my bathroom....god bless her.

Hope everybody's Christmas went well...or at least better than mine. My estranged family decided to ruin the holidays for my mom & I, but such is life....I'll tell ya' about it later if ya' care to hear. I'll post again as soon as I can; gotta keep it on the down-low while I have a guest here if I don't want anyone digging this thing up, but I know where I left off...

Oh, and thanks for the well-wishes; I feel better now; physically, at least. Don't order the swordfish...

7 Comments:

Blogger Jenn recalled...

Seriously, god bless kris if she will clean a dude's bathroom...the woman is a saint. ;)

and of course we want to hear the skinny on everything about the fam as well as the cliffhanger about kara already!

glad you're feeling better.

Wednesday, December 28, 2005 12:14:00 PM  
Blogger PAINKEY recalled...

SO GLAD YOUR ALL BETTER NOW, OR HALF WAY THERE....A WOMAN'S TOUCH IS NEVER A BAD THING YA KNOW. AND YOU CAN TAKE THAT ANY WAY YOU WANT;)

WELL, SORRY TO HEAR ALL THE DRAMA IS STILL GOING STONG ON THE FAMILIA. HANG IN THERE.

LET US KNOW IF ANYTHING JUICY HAPPENS OR IF SHE WILL END UP BEING YOUR NEW YEARS KISS ;)

Wednesday, December 28, 2005 3:04:00 PM  
Blogger M recalled...

i'm sorry to hear your Christmas wasn't spectacular dear. glad you have some company right now though- it's probably doing you a load of good! :-)

Wednesday, December 28, 2005 7:05:00 PM  
Blogger NewYorkMoments recalled...

Hope your New Year's Eve only produces a nice hangover instead of a virus.

Wednesday, December 28, 2005 7:34:00 PM  
Blogger Jaded recalled...

Glad you're feeling better, and that your apartment is clean.

I didn't order the swordfish... but damn if the crispy spicy beef and chicken fried rice aren't tryin' to kill me. UGH!

Wednesday, December 28, 2005 9:27:00 PM  
Blogger ExBF recalled...

That does kinda explain it all, like Trix said....but it's not like her description was all that far-off...

Wednesday, December 28, 2005 10:50:00 PM  
Blogger pookalu recalled...

well, i wouldn't (and didn't) allow for guests when i'm sick...i just denied one of my best friends a crash space for new year's because of my cold. i'm a bitch, what can i say? you're a good man for putting up with the idiocyncracies of platonic female guests!

happy new year to you all...

Friday, December 30, 2005 8:29:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home