Monday, November 7, 2005

Thanks

I don't wanna get too mushy here, but I just want to say a very heartfelt thank you to all you guys who've left me such supportive comments & e-mails over the last few days regarding my family; I can't tell you how much it means to me. When I first started this project, I thought it would be pretty much a one-man show; I never expected anybody to really give a damn, so thank you for thinking of me & my family. As much as it probably helps me, I'm not sure if I'd still be doing this if you guys were'nt reading it (or maybe I would), so don't think I don't appreciate it...

Things are still pretty stressful around here, and I still can't really gather two coherent thoughts in a row to actually blog about anything. Spent most of the weekend with my mom, just trying to be there for her...something I should have done a lot more often in my life; don't take your mommas for granted, folks.My grandmother called me tonight by accident; she hit the wrong button on her speed-dial, but she barely spoke to me, she just got right back off the phone. I don't even have enough of a grip on my emotions to know how to feel about that right now...

Meanwhile, I have all of one job lined up between now & Christmas, and this weekend I had to miss the recording session for the commentary track on the feature I've been working on 'cus of all the drama happening, so I'm out that money, too...not to mention I won't be on the track. And you know what; I'm anonymous here, so let me just go on the record & say that I don't give a shit, 'cus it's a crappy freakin' movie anyway; they're lucky I'm even putting my real name on the thing...so there. Still, the cash would be nice...

And now I've been sitting here for 15 minutes trying to think of somthing to say besides just complaining, and I'm not having any luck, so I'm just gonna go watch Desperate Housewives on tivo & pass out. Yes, you heard me right....

10 Comments:

Blogger Meeko's Momma recalled...

ex-bf,
just wanted to let you know that i am thinking of you through this rough time... hang in there and know that you are not alone.

Monday, November 07, 2005 3:34:00 AM  
Blogger Joe recalled...

Are you really Alan Smithee ?

Monday, November 07, 2005 9:08:00 AM  
Blogger Bigger than Me recalled...

Howdy. I've been reading your blog for awhile, just being entertained/enlightened/inspired, but never so much as I did upon reading about the junk your family is suffering through. Seriously, you really gave me some perspective.

My own family has gone through a tortuous time over the past 8 months, suffering a very significant loss, though not the same circumstances as yours. Today I am realizing how unbelievably grateful I am to have my family still intact during a time when we all could have splintered to a million pieces.

I suppose that doesn't really sound encouraging, but I thought you should know that your words have touched yet another life, and that I'll be thinking of you, and your family.

Monday, November 07, 2005 3:57:00 PM  
Blogger Jaded recalled...

Glad you're still hanging in there.

I never expected people to read my blog either, so it came as quite the surprise that I've actually made some real friend through it.

I walked out of a voice-over job over the weekend because the music tracks weren't finished, the script wasn't finished and what was ready just plain old sucked. Prolly won't work for that group again, but oh well. I primarily sing for a living, but I do alot of local voice-over stuff too. So I'm with you on the "coulda used the money" thing.

Monday, November 07, 2005 6:19:00 PM  
Blogger M recalled...

any better yet?

Monday, November 07, 2005 6:39:00 PM  
Blogger Frankie recalled...

pobrecito.

And you already admitted to having a Bree fetish...so, I'm not surprised! :)

Tuesday, November 08, 2005 11:37:00 AM  
Blogger MandyGirl recalled...

Desperate Housewives is a good escape. I hope you and your mom and hanging in there. :)

Tuesday, November 08, 2005 2:51:00 PM  
Blogger Jhena recalled...

hope things will get even better. . . can't wait to read more about the exgfs.

Speaking of family troubles, it's really hard to be caught in such awkward situations. What's harder is being left with your mother and you're not supposed to be giving any damn comments or she, too, will explode.

Tuesday, November 08, 2005 8:36:00 PM  
Blogger Meeko's Momma recalled...

Still thinking of you. Hope things are better soon.

Wednesday, November 09, 2005 4:48:00 AM  
Blogger Forever Amber recalled...

So . . . read your blog as it was linked to Frankie's and sounded like an interesting blog to check out. I would say I'm sorry to hear about your family, and truly I am, but I think you've gotten quite a bit of those comments already. So, instead, I'm going to say. . . where's the rest of the Maria story?

Wednesday, November 09, 2005 12:10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home