Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Suspicious Minds

So, longish story short, somewhere around a year ago, Roxanne wrote me one day with some scary news. Apparently her brother Jerry (who is also like a brother to me), was in a bad way. He had just gotten out of a relationship with a woman so crazy that she made Veronica look stable. She had managed to get them both arrested for pot possession & drunk driving, had blown through what meager funds they had, threatened to kill him & herself, and finally had to be forcibly evicted from their house, clawing & screaming the whole time. Now, he was on the tail-end of a week-long drinking binge & was depressed, out of control, and possibly suicidal. Roxanne & her family were worried sick, as was our good friend Shawna. That night, Roxanne, Shawna & I all talked & tried to figure out what we could do.

Eventually, the girls got him over to Shawna's house where they could keep an eye on him. I explained the situation to Annette & told her that I might be gone for a while, which she was very understanding about (remember, she never knew the full extent of the Roxanne situation; things may have been different if she had). His mom drove in from 3 states away, and we planned an impromptu intervention, which we were not convinced would do any good, but we had to try something. So, we sat him down (myself, Roxanne, Shawna & her husband, and his mom....Roxanne's boy/girlfriend had to work. Priorities, I guess) and just tried to talk to him.

Fortunately, it did do some good. We convinced him that he finally needed to seek some help. Roxanne found a live-in treatment center nearby that would take him on a sliding payment scale, and he agreed to go for the month-long program. We were all thrilled, and very hopeful that he might finally be able to beat the demons he's been struggling with for years.

So, because of the situation, Roxanne & I found ourselves seeing or talking to each other on almost a daily basis for a while; with the intervention, taking care of Jerry's affairs while he was gone, the 'family meetings' which I was always a part of. Sometimes the boy/girlfriend was there, most of the time she wasn't. What was strange was that, all of a sudden, the boy/girlfriend started being extremely friendly with me, treating me like we were old buddies now all of a sudden. I'm still not sure what that was all about, but my best guess is that because Annette was in the picture & I was supposedly getting married, that it was finally 'ok' for me to be around, in her eyes. At least, I'm sure that's the way she wanted it to look...I didn't buy the act for a second & I still don't, nor do I give a shit. But anyway, the point is that this was the first time that, at least according to the rules of their relationship, Roxanne & I were 'allowed' to actually spend time with each other...if only because we were all pulling together to help her brother(and I should make it clear here that, everything with Roxanne & I aside, I love Jerry like a brother & was going to do everything I could to make sure he got the help he needed, especially after our strained relationship over the last few years).

So, needless to say, it was a pretty intense few weeks for everyone involved, as it would have been even without all the personal drama. But...we were getting along famously. Maybe a little too famously for some people's comfort. The first time I noticed it was one day about a week into Jerry's stay at the facility. it was his first visiting day, and the whole family & I were there. The place was set on several acres of beautiful countryside, with a large pond right in the middle. We were all sitting out next to the water, talking & laughing, when Jerry's father put me on the spot by asking me if I had set a date for my wedding yet. I hesitated for a long second, obviously trying to sputter out an answer while all eyes went to me. I can't remember exactly what I said, but it was described by Shawna's husband later as 'some serious backpedaling'. I told him that we hadn't set a date yet, and we were trying not to make a big deal of the engagement, and that it probably wouldn't be happening for a while, or something like that. The whole group was silent as I was struggling with my words, all of them shooting glances over at Roxanne, of course (who kept her head down the whole time, betraying nothing), except for the boy/girlfriend...who was staring a hole dead through me.

I don't know what I should have said...maybe I should have made up some bullshit about how we were going to have some grand wedding with the two of us in KISS makeup while parachuting from a plane...but I was totally caught unawares, and the truth just came out. I didn't know what the hell was going to happen or if we were going to get married or not; Annette & I were both already on the fence about it by that time. Plus, some internal mechanism that I honestly couldn't control made sure that I left that door open, and that everybody there knew it. And I'm sure everybody knew it...

Which is why I shouldn't have been surprised when, over the next few weeks, I started to hear from Roxanne less, and when we saw each other on the weekend Jerry was getting out of rehab (he did great, by the way), that things were very stiff & guarded between us....with the boy/girlfriend right underfoot the whole time. It took me a while to piece it together, but that's my theory, anyway: that Roxanne got the proverbial reins tightened around her after that day, and she, feeling guilty, went along with it (because that's how she is; for Roxanne, ever the fact that she & I talk via e-mail is almost cheating in her book, and I know that she felt like she was betraying the other one by opening up to me as much as she had), and began to try and toe the lesbian line again, so to speak.

And, with a few tiny exceptions, that's how it's been ever since, for the past year or so. I mean, we still email each other sometimes, and lately that has mostly transferred over to texting (which I fucking hate; you can't really express yourself that way...or I can't, anyway), but I could tell that she had started to patch that old wall back up again. And I guess I understood, for a while. After all, Annette was still around (even though she knew we were having problems; she gets Shawna to spy on me, not knowing that she also fills me in on it, as well), and there wasn't much that we could do about anything, anyway. Until recently...

She sent me a text a few weeks ago asking me if I knew that my favorite band was coming to town. In the course of our exchange, I told her that Annette & I had split up. I don't know how she reacted in real life, but she told me she was sorry & asked what happened & if I was ok, yadda yadda. We talked for a while that night until it was time for the other one to come home, but only about me, never about us.

In fact, we've talked several times now since then, but not about anything important, as it were, so I really have no idea what she thinks of the fact that I'm single again. But the thing is, she hasn't had a lot of time lately to think about much of anything: for the last six weeks, she's been starring in a play that runs 5 days a week, with 2 performances on the weekends. On top of this, she's working 40-45 hours per week at her regular job, and averaging about 5 hours of sleep per night. She's been doing this with no breaks & no time off, and she still has another week to go...so everyone has been a little worried about her. Especially in light of...well, things that have recently come to light. Let me explain...

So she invites me to come see her play on opening night (which, I knew, meant that the boy/girlfriend would not be coming that night), which I do, of course. I drag Elaine along with me & I make plans to meet Shawna & her husband there, as I haven't seen them in a good while. We go, we see the show, she's brilliant, yadda yadda. We're outside talking afterwards, waiting for Roxanne to get out of the dressing room when, out of the blue, Shawna's husband gestures to me & says to his wife "Tell him."

Tell me what? Shawna squirms around a little bit & tries to protest, but it's far too late for that now...I know something's up. So I tell her to fucking well tell me. She takes a big breath, looks at me & says "You can't say anything!"

"Anything about what?", I ask.

"We don't know this for sure yet, and it cannot get out that we said anything, because we didn't actually see anything, and if..."

"Will you just tell me, before she gets out here!" I almost yelled.

Another big sigh. Shawna looked over at her husband, then back to me.

"Well...we think [the boy/girlfriend] is cheating on Roxanne.", she says. I start to speak. She interrupts me.

"You CANNOT say anything! We're not for sure yet...but it's from a very close source, and we definitely saw some shady shit going down! But you CANNOT say anything yet!"

It took me a minute. Anger, hope, elation, more anger...they all drew straws in my head. Hope won. I asked her what it was that she knew, exactly....which is a long story.

Tomorrow.

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous recalled...

Your intense desire to know is so delightfully charming. *laughs* Not a prudish reaction, but genuine nonetheless. Glad your friend's okay. That's what really counts right now. Always room for fun though.

Thursday, October 02, 2008 2:02:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown recalled...

Hope--the evil left in Pandora's box that over time was looked at as a positive thing....

Thursday, October 02, 2008 8:56:00 AM  
Blogger D recalled...

Ha, Rob is SO right.

Thursday, October 02, 2008 9:20:00 AM  
Blogger Jonathan Kelly recalled...

I'm hooked!Write the next bit quickly so I can be put out my my misery!

Thursday, October 02, 2008 9:29:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous recalled...

}}ôt~~|¥Çä|}ôÇô{ }}ôt~~|¥Çä|}ôÇô{ }}ôt~~|¥Çä|}ôÇô{ }}ôt~~|¥Çä|}ôÇô{

}}ôt~~|¥Çä|}ôÇô{ }}ôt~~|¥Çä|}ôÇô{ }}ôt~~|¥Çä|}ôÇô{ }}ôt~~|¥Çä|}ôÇô{

Attention Please Read Carefully


1870 top sexy girls




sexy bikini girls bikini beach girls showing their sexy body



sexy and hot womens playing with their husband and boyfriend




sexy girls doggy style video sexy hot style play



play girls play boys sexy playing style video of their play




sexy hot celebrities doing moddeling in bed In bed they are very sexy



beautiful girls of the world




sexy bikini girls bikini beach girls showing their sexy body



sexy and hot womens playing with their husband and boyfriend




sexy girls doggy style video sexy hot style play



play girls play boys sexy playing style video of their play




sexy hot celebrities beautiful girls of the world




sexy bikini girls bikini beach girls showing their sexy body



sexy and hot womens playing with their husband and boyfriend




Bangladeshi sexy actresses dancing and posing for cam like private sexy girls



Sexy Bengali actress pictures sexy hot asian indian girls hot Bengali girls




sexy hot celebrities doing moddeling in bed In bed they are very sexy


}}ôt~~|¥Çä|}ôÇô{ }}ôt~~|¥Çä|}ôÇô{ }}ôt~~|¥Çä|}ôÇô{ }}ôt~~|¥Çä|}ôÇô{

}}ôt~~|¥Çä|}ôÇô{ }}ôt~~|¥Çä|}ôÇô{ }}ôt~~|¥Çä|}ôÇô{ }}ôt~~|¥Çä|}ôÇô{

Thursday, November 12, 2009 8:42:00 AM  
Blogger hannah recalled...

A month ago I was exactly feeling how you are feeling now, in pain, crying, heart broken, and then I found this site saveabreakup.com and I followed their instructions, I had my girlfriend come back to me in no time so fast !! I was so so happy and I'm still very happy, don't give up! I suggest you view the free videos that tell you what to do on saveabreakup.com

Monday, September 20, 2010 10:24:00 PM  
Blogger LISAPUCHI recalled...


My relationship was on the brink till I found The Marriage Forums. Now we are riding high and easy after making some of the changes outlined in the course that Dr Lawrence has put out! Great course that has changed our marriage for the better thank you Dr Lawrence Whats-app +2347032195889 or email Drlawrencespelltemple@hotmail.com

Saturday, January 26, 2019 7:04:00 AM  
Blogger Mrs. McCarthy Juan recalled...

TESTIMONY ON HOW I GOT MY LOAN FROM A GENUINE FINANCE COMPANY LAST WEEK. Email for immediate response: drbenjaminfinance@gmail.com

I am Mrs,Leores J Miguel by name, I live in United State Of America, who have been a scam victim to so many fake lenders online between November last year till July this year but i thank my creator so much that he has finally smiled on me by directing me to this new lender who put a smile on my face this year 2020 and he did not scam me and also by not deceiving or lying to me and my friends but however this lending firm is BENJAMIN LOAN INVESTMENTS FINANCE (drbenjaminfinance@gmail.com) gave me 2% loan which amount is $900,000.00 united states dollars after my agreement to their company terms and conditions and one significant thing i love about this loan company is that they are fast and unique. {Dr.Benjamin Scarlet Owen} can also help you with a legit loan offer. He Has also helped some other colleagues of mine. If you need a genuine loan without cost/stress he his the right loan lender to wipe away your financial problems and crisis today. BENJAMIN LOAN INVESTMENTS FINANCE holds all of the information about how to obtain money quickly and painlessly via Call/Text: +1(415)630-7138 Email: drbenjaminfinance@gmail.com

When it comes to financial crisis and loan then BENJAMIN LOAN INVESTMENTS FINANCE is the place to go please just tell him I Mrs. Leores Miguel direct you Good Luck....

Saturday, November 21, 2020 10:00:00 AM  
Blogger Anonymous recalled...

Hi everyone Works of DR Ogala is so true with joy in my heart I have experienced it myself, Dr Ogala has helped me solve serious problem in my life, i saw his great works before i contacted him. Dr Ogala corrected my relationship in less than 48 hours he didn't just correct my relationship him has made me a happily married woman. he's really awesome and knows what he's doing. I want to recommend him to everyone !! This spell caster is very very good Professional, precise, sincere and very experienced. Thank you for your work doctor! I thank my friend for letting me know about you. I Need To Tell Everyone About You. I didn’t expect instant results and was prepared to wait for a months. To my surprise and amazement, I started to see results after a few days of casting. This man is highly recommended and That's the real thing. Give it a try and you won't be disappointed! Need help? contact him at +2347049668119 or Drogala02@gmail.com by email.. For Complete treatment of any kind of illness or diseases you can also contact him now via Email: Drogala02@gmail.Com .. you can call this mobile number or whatsApp +2347049668119 to reach him today for your own help!!

Friday, November 27, 2020 7:44:00 PM  
Blogger Jessica L. Smith recalled...

After being in relationship with Wilson for seven years,he broke up with me, I did everything possible to bring him back but all was in vain, I wanted him back so much because of the love I have for him, I begged him with everything, I made promises but he refused. I explained my problem to someone online and she suggested that I should contact a spell caster that could help me cast a spell to bring him back but I am the type that don’t believed in spell, I had no choice than to try it, I meant a spell caster called Dr Zuma zuk and I email him, and he told me there was no problem that everything will be okay before three days, that my ex will return to me before three days, he cast the spell and surprisingly in the second day, it was around 4pm. My ex called me, I was so surprised, I answered the call and all he said was that he was so sorry for everything that happened, that he wanted me to return to him, that he loves me so much. I was so happy and went to him, that was how we started living together happily again. Since then, I have made promise that anybody I know that have a relationship problem, I would be of help to such person by referring him or her to the only real and powerful spell caster who helped me with my own problem and who is different from all the fake ones out there. Anybody could need the help of the spell caster, his email: spiritualherbalisthealing@gmail.com or WhatsApp him +15068001647
you can email him if you need his assistance in your relationship or anything. CONTACT HIM NOW FOR SOLUTION TO ALL YOUR PROBLEMS

Thursday, December 17, 2020 1:56:00 PM  
Blogger Shawn Macaulay recalled...

Scammers always ask for more, many across the world have lost so much money and fallen into debt and pain.

Scams can happen to anyone. If they are not stopped, they may continue to harm you and other people.

If you've been scammed, report the scammer.

Report a scammer. It helps us to stop the scammer, track them, unmask their real identity,no matter what country they are or what computer tools they use, arrest and extradit them anywhere they are in the world.

Why you should report a scammer: Reporting a scammer, help us to serve justice to millions of scam victims across the world including you, it gives us the vital information we need in helping you recover your stolen money.

Have you been scammed??
Please support our international efforts.

Protect yourself from further risk

Get the information of the scammer and send
It to us


You will get the justice you need


Report any scammer to us on👇

int.allianceagainstscammers@gmail.com






Scammers always ask for more, many across the world have lost so much money and fallen into debt and pain.

Scams can happen to anyone. If they are not stopped, they may continue to harm you and other people.

If you've been scammed, report the scammer.

Report a scammer. It helps us to stop the scammer, track them, unmask their real identity,no matter what country they are or what computer tools they use, arrest and extradit them anywhere they are in the world.

Why you should report a scammer: Reporting a scammer, help us to serve justice to millions of scam victims across the world including you, it gives us the vital information we need in helping you recover your stolen money.

Have you been scammed??
Please support our international efforts.

Protect yourself from further risk

Get the information of the scammer and send
It to us


You will get the justice you need


Report any scammer to us on👇

int.allianceagainstscammers@gmail.com



Wednesday, August 04, 2021 4:34:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home