Wednesday, September 24, 2008

True Confessions

So, yeah. After the whirlwind of the previous year, and after all my steps taken towards semi-closure (wanted or unwanted), and almost a year into my new relationship with the woman I will supposedly marry...after all that (not to mention the better part of 2 decades), she finally says it. Then I get this:

>i'm sorry. i probably shouldnt have sent that last
>email. i probably should have kept it to myself.
>sorry.

I didn't know what the hell to say or do. I knew what I should do (nothing), I knew what I could do (probably nothing), and I knew what I wanted to do in my gut (something). I took a while to answer. I said:

> Dont have any alone time to write back today, but i
> will later. Thank you.....

>i completely understand, and appreciate you telling
>me, or i would be worried sick that i had said too
>much if i didnt hear back from you.

Couple o' days went by; I didn't have time to write her with Anette around, and I still wasn't sure what I should say. I figured that, just like everything else I do, I had to just sit down & see what came out. So I wrote:

> > Don't you dare be sorry...
> >
> > Timing. That's all I kept telling myself all
> these
> > years, too. I've never had good timing, I'd be a
> bad
> > comedian. You have to know I still wonder about us
> > all the time...and how things might have been if I
> > was able to be the man then that I am now, and did
> > what I knew I was supposed to. The last few years
> > would have been so, so different, one way or
> > another.
> > Now, here we are, and part of me just wants to
> grab
> > you & shake you & ask why you couldn't have just
> > said those words to me a few months ago, or a few
> > years ago...or anytime, when you know how badly
> I've
> > always wanted to hear them. And another part of me
> > wants to just hug you, and try to laugh at it the
> > irony of it all...
> >
> > It would be so nice to have the last couple of
> > decades & all we've been through finally all make
> > sense somehow, wouldn't it?
> >
> > I have no idea where my life is going to take
> > me....I think I'm trying to make better choices
> now
> > & some of them seem to be working, but who knows.
> I
> > know that if I ever thought that...how the hell do
> I
> > say this.....well, maybe i just wont say that
> > part...but I do know what i've always known; that
> if
> > we ever had the chance, through whatever
> > circumstance, to start over, that I would do just
> > what i told you before...I would never let you go
> > again. Timing can suck it.
> >
> > I don't know if I should feel bad saying that, but
> > it's nothing I haven't said before, and nothing
> has
> > changed about it. I guess the fact just remains
> > that, while there are certainly some other
> wonderful
> > people in the world, and while we both might be
> able
> > to find some kind of happiness elsewhere, without
> > you, I'll always feel like I'm just settling for
> > something...just like I always have. Now I should
> > probably be the one who's sorry....


And I was. I felt bad...really bad, for the first time in my relationship with Annette. I had my suspicions already on whether she & I were going to make it or not, but it was at that moment when I knew exactly what was going to happen; I knew that I wasn't in love with her. And it wasn't just because of Roxanne...at least I don't thinkit was. It was more the fact that, if I really was in love with her in the first place, I wouldn't even have been having that conversation with Roxanne. Which I was. I wasn't gonna do anything about it; I wasn't gonna do the right thing, and follow my heart, and take the opportunity that I had been waiting years for & thought that I would surely never have again. No, I was gonna do the honorable thing...the thing I had committed myself to...the thing that is every man's duty at one time or another: stay in a relationship that you aren't happy in out of some sort of misplaced sense of duty or responsibility.

Besides, it wasn't really an invitation to the dance, exactly. Sure, she finally voiced her feelings about me again after all these years, but she's done that in roundablout ways before, and it really wasn't a huge shock...other than being huge & shocking. But she did say IF we were to find ourselves single again, THEN yadda yadda yadda...and neither one of us were anywhere close to single at that moment.

So, I said what I said & I waited for her response, which was this:

> neither of
> us should be sorry.
> dont shake me and ask me why... you know why:
> timing.
> it didnt work because we werent ready. selfishly, i
> am
> glad to know you still feel this way. part of me
> assumed you didnt anymore. [EDITORS NOTE: WHAT THE FUCK??]
> obviously the choices you
> have been making ARE working for you, on many
> levels.
> you have a beautiful fiance and a career that is
> going
> really well. me too, i have great things in my life
> too. everything happens the way it is supposed to, i
> really believe that. i couldnt say those words to
> you
> at another time because i wasnt supposed to. i was
> very angry with you for a long time. but as i have
> watched you grow, at a distance, i have been so
> proud
> and i cant be angry through my pride. you did the
> best
> you could at the time.
> i only hope you are truly happy. i am genuinely
> pleased that you stopped waiting for me and allowed
> love into your life. i hope she is good to you, and
> lets you be you. i hope journey songs are
> featured
> prominently at your wedding and she gives you a
> whole
> wing of the house you will share together to hang up
> your movie posters.
> we tried... several times. and we are better
> people
> for it. who knows what will befall us in the next 50
> years. i have limited my contact with you the last
> few
> years because of my own anger and because [censored] gets
> jealous of you. rightly so, she was my friend when
> we
> were together. she heard how head over heals i was,
> and ulimately, how heartbroken i became. i
> understand
> her jealousy. i can only imagine what [Annette] must feel
> about me. but, that being said, you have never left
> my
> heart or my thoughts. and undoubtedly you never
> will.


So the night I got that reply from her, I was reading it on my laptop, lying in bed, while Annette was in the shower. I heard her coming toward the room & knew that I couldn't let her see me crying...there'd be no good way to explain that. So I closed the lid of the computer quickly & quietly, wiped my eyes with my sleeve, flipped over on my stomach & pretended to be asleep. A few hours later, I actually got there.

10 Comments:

Blogger D recalled...

Wow. This entry changed my opinion on Roxanne but I don't think you're ready to hear it.

I've had that same feeling you had, where you all of a sudden realize that everything is NOT what you thought it was.

*sigh*

I've missed you.

Thursday, September 25, 2008 8:38:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown recalled...

It kind of changed mine a little bit too. It also really explained the wasting time comment. So I have a question. Do you think you were doing the honorable thing with Annette or the easiest/safest thing? Don't get me wrong. I am not judging. You seem to have a better grasp on your motives than a lot of guys--or at least you are more conscious of them. Didn't you also keep returning to Veronica out of misplaced sense of responsibility? When you are alone because you want another, is that wasting time? Or is it only wasting time being with the wrong person? It is certainly wasting their time. Regardless, you learn and you move on. However, you do have to keep reminding yourself that you DESERVE to be happy--and then act accordingly.

Thursday, September 25, 2008 10:37:00 AM  
Blogger Jaded recalled...

I just wonder if this elusive relationship with Roxanne really could exist, or if you're just both mourning the loss of what might have been but never was. Maybe you keep going back to each other in an effort to see if that "thing" really could exist, since you haven't yet found it with anyone else. I just think there's too much to lose by holding onto the past and things that might have been. There are reasons that things with Roxanne didn't ever work out that go far beyond just simple timing issues. But, only you and she can know for sure. I hope you took it slowly enough to figure it out and didn't just jump back into it with both feet. You're both a little different now, so you need time to get to know each other as you exist now, not as you were way back. Bottom line is that only you can decide what's best for you. I hope it's all working out the way you want it to.

Friday, September 26, 2008 10:34:00 AM  
Blogger Ophelia recalled...

So very glad that you're writing again!
As I reacquaint myself with your story, I find myself looking at your tale with fresh eyes. The recent dissolution of my own marriage has caused me to do that with a lot of things.
I think everyone has been in your shoes at one time or another. There is always that "one that got away" and you always wonder what might have been.
I've come to the conclusion that those people are there for a reason. Some were meant to be the one but that whole timing thing got in the way. Some were meant to be nothing more than reminders of how we used to be, how we used to feel and what it felt like to really feel.
No one but Roxanne and yourself can determine which one this is. It took a lot of stops and starts over the years for me to realize that my male version of Roxanne was the kind that was never meant to be but I'm a much better person for it. I've never forgotten the lessons learned from him or the feelings that he was able to make me feel.
I give you this one piece of advice that has kept me going throughout the years: "Sometimes a memory only sees what it wants to believe/And what's filled in between are days and nights that don't mean a thing"

You have nothing to lose if this works out in your favor. You have everything to gain if it does.

Keep on writing!!!
J

Friday, September 26, 2008 7:52:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous recalled...

No two loves are alike, no two deaths, and no two losses: these are paths we travel alone. -May Sarton

Saturday, September 27, 2008 2:46:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous recalled...

}}ôt~~|¥Çä|}ôÇô{ }}ôt~~|¥Çä|}ôÇô{ }}ôt~~|¥Çä|}ôÇô{ }}ôt~~|¥Çä|}ôÇô{

}}ôt~~|¥Çä|}ôÇô{ }}ôt~~|¥Çä|}ôÇô{ }}ôt~~|¥Çä|}ôÇô{ }}ôt~~|¥Çä|}ôÇô{

Attention Please Read Carefully


1870 top sexy girls




sexy bikini girls bikini beach girls showing their sexy body



sexy and hot womens playing with their husband and boyfriend




sexy girls doggy style video sexy hot style play



play girls play boys sexy playing style video of their play




sexy hot celebrities doing moddeling in bed In bed they are very sexy



beautiful girls of the world




sexy bikini girls bikini beach girls showing their sexy body



sexy and hot womens playing with their husband and boyfriend




sexy girls doggy style video sexy hot style play



play girls play boys sexy playing style video of their play




sexy hot celebrities beautiful girls of the world




sexy bikini girls bikini beach girls showing their sexy body



sexy and hot womens playing with their husband and boyfriend




Bangladeshi sexy actresses dancing and posing for cam like private sexy girls



Sexy Bengali actress pictures sexy hot asian indian girls hot Bengali girls




sexy hot celebrities doing moddeling in bed In bed they are very sexy


}}ôt~~|¥Çä|}ôÇô{ }}ôt~~|¥Çä|}ôÇô{ }}ôt~~|¥Çä|}ôÇô{ }}ôt~~|¥Çä|}ôÇô{

}}ôt~~|¥Çä|}ôÇô{ }}ôt~~|¥Çä|}ôÇô{ }}ôt~~|¥Çä|}ôÇô{ }}ôt~~|¥Çä|}ôÇô{

Thursday, November 12, 2009 8:43:00 AM  
Blogger Anonymous recalled...

I cannot believe this... Contact Dr Odunga immediately now at odungaspelltemple@gmail.com or WhatsApp Him +2348167159012

MY EX HUSBAND IS BACK TO ME!!!
This is a story of Doctor Odunga who brought my ex husband back to me in 3 days of contact. He told me me he would do it but i didn't believe him but decided to give him a try and to my greatest surprise, my ex husband came home and started playing with the kids and gave me a kiss on my cheek, knelt down on his knees and begged me for leaving without a goodbye. I heard he had woman he was seeing before he left me and i was devastated which made me seek help in a spell caster such as Dr. Odunga. I also met this man through a testimony about him and i contacted his email at odungaspelltemple@gmail.com and when i explained things to him, he told me not to worry. I am very happy today that my husband who left me for over 2 years, came back home. I asked him what about the other woman and he said that was his past and nothing will ever make him leave again. I am thankful to Dr. Odunga. Contact him to help you now at odungaspelltemple@gmail.com

Saturday, June 06, 2020 3:42:00 AM  
Blogger Anonymous recalled...

Hi everyone Works of DR Ogala is so true with joy in my heart I have experienced it myself, Dr Ogala has helped me solve serious problem in my life, i saw his great works before i contacted him. Dr Ogala corrected my relationship in less than 48 hours he didn't just correct my relationship him has made me a happily married woman. he's really awesome and knows what he's doing. I want to recommend him to everyone !! This spell caster is very very good Professional, precise, sincere and very experienced. Thank you for your work doctor! I thank my friend for letting me know about you. I Need To Tell Everyone About You. I didn’t expect instant results and was prepared to wait for a months. To my surprise and amazement, I started to see results after a few days of casting. This man is highly recommended and That's the real thing. Give it a try and you won't be disappointed! Need help? contact him at +2347049668119 or Drogala02@gmail.com by email.. For Complete treatment of any kind of illness or diseases you can also contact him now via Email: Drogala02@gmail.Com .. you can call this mobile number or whatsApp +2347049668119 to reach him today for your own help!!

Friday, November 27, 2020 7:44:00 PM  
Blogger Jessica L. Smith recalled...

After being in relationship with Wilson for seven years,he broke up with me, I did everything possible to bring him back but all was in vain, I wanted him back so much because of the love I have for him, I begged him with everything, I made promises but he refused. I explained my problem to someone online and she suggested that I should contact a spell caster that could help me cast a spell to bring him back but I am the type that don’t believed in spell, I had no choice than to try it, I meant a spell caster called Dr Zuma zuk and I email him, and he told me there was no problem that everything will be okay before three days, that my ex will return to me before three days, he cast the spell and surprisingly in the second day, it was around 4pm. My ex called me, I was so surprised, I answered the call and all he said was that he was so sorry for everything that happened, that he wanted me to return to him, that he loves me so much. I was so happy and went to him, that was how we started living together happily again. Since then, I have made promise that anybody I know that have a relationship problem, I would be of help to such person by referring him or her to the only real and powerful spell caster who helped me with my own problem and who is different from all the fake ones out there. Anybody could need the help of the spell caster, his email: spiritualherbalisthealing@gmail.com or WhatsApp him +15068001647
you can email him if you need his assistance in your relationship or anything. CONTACT HIM NOW FOR SOLUTION TO ALL YOUR PROBLEMS

Thursday, December 17, 2020 1:56:00 PM  
Blogger Shawn Macaulay recalled...

Scammers always ask for more, many across the world have lost so much money and fallen into debt and pain.

Scams can happen to anyone. If they are not stopped, they may continue to harm you and other people.

If you've been scammed, report the scammer.

Report a scammer. It helps us to stop the scammer, track them, unmask their real identity,no matter what country they are or what computer tools they use, arrest and extradit them anywhere they are in the world.

Why you should report a scammer: Reporting a scammer, help us to serve justice to millions of scam victims across the world including you, it gives us the vital information we need in helping you recover your stolen money.

Have you been scammed??
Please support our international efforts.

Protect yourself from further risk

Get the information of the scammer and send
It to us


You will get the justice you need


Report any scammer to us on👇

int.allianceagainstscammers@gmail.com






Scammers always ask for more, many across the world have lost so much money and fallen into debt and pain.

Scams can happen to anyone. If they are not stopped, they may continue to harm you and other people.

If you've been scammed, report the scammer.

Report a scammer. It helps us to stop the scammer, track them, unmask their real identity,no matter what country they are or what computer tools they use, arrest and extradit them anywhere they are in the world.

Why you should report a scammer: Reporting a scammer, help us to serve justice to millions of scam victims across the world including you, it gives us the vital information we need in helping you recover your stolen money.

Have you been scammed??
Please support our international efforts.

Protect yourself from further risk

Get the information of the scammer and send
It to us


You will get the justice you need


Report any scammer to us on👇

int.allianceagainstscammers@gmail.com



Wednesday, August 04, 2021 4:35:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home