Sunday, September 21, 2008

Behind the Lines

So...it's been a month now.

The house is still a wreck 'cus I haven't had a lot of time to get it back in order. The first time I went to hang one of my pictures back up in the living room, I found that she had taken my hammer by accident. I did it with a shoe. But, it's my place again...same as it ever was.

I have no idea how to try and condense the last 2 years into a few hundred words...that probably won't happen for a while. I've already talked about why it didn't work out, and that's about the long and short of things. I'm sure there were several amusing anecdotes I could relate, but frankly, I'd feel like I was making light of things if I did that right now, so I wont. It's done & that's that.

I'm doing ok, thanks for asking. I've had my moments, but overall things have been pretty good. It's weird though; this is the first mutually agreed-upon, organic breakup I've had in....well, since Maria, I suppose...and my psyche is obviously not used to it. After years upon years of hardcore breakup drama after drama, I've been having some trouble handling the lack of it in this case. It's like I have a little John Lovitz on one shoulder wearing a red suit & poking me with a pitchfork, going "What are you waiting for...freak out! Do something stupid!", and It's strange to me. Still...it's sad, but I'm ok, and I think she is, too. She's definitely going to be a lot happier than she was here with me, and she deserves that. I just don't like change.

Speaking of which...

(deep breath)

About 6 months after Annette & I moved in together, Roxanne & I started talking again. I honestly can't remember who made contact first, but I'm pretty sure it was her. In fact, I know it was...she sent me an e-mail congradulating me on my, um, engagement. At that point, her brother Jerry & I had not been speaking for several months, and I took the opportunity to ask her how he was doing. We started talking about him & struck up a fairly regular correspondence for a while. We skirted around talking about any actual issues, but it was pretty obvious that we were glad to be talking to each other again.

Yeah, I know...the irony. After all these years, she decides to open up the lines of communication just as I find myself in a serious relationship. I didn't know what to make of it, but I did know one thing; I was going to keep myself well in check. I had made a commitment, and I was determined to honor it for better or worse (although I was already pretty aware that it was the latter by that time), and I wasn't going to let my past derial my future yet again.

At first, I thought that maybe Roxanne now felt 'safe' with me, now that I was engaged; that she just missed our friendship & saw this as a chance to get that back without having to worry about, well, stuff. I didn't really buy that, especially once I realized that she was still keeping our communication a secret from her partner. Not that I'm one to talk...so was I.

In any case, I was glad to be talking to her again, of course. I hadn't had much luck having satisfying conversations with Annette yet, and if there was ever anything that Roxanne & I did well, it was talk. The setup was pretty perfect: Annette worked during the day, I worked at home, and Roxanne was working as a receptionist with nothing much to do all day 'cept talk to me. Still, it remained pretty innocent...if a little awkward sometimes because of it.

Right around that time, we were getting ready to have a local premiere for my film. I sent out a mass invite to all my peoples and included her on the list. I didn't think for a second she would come, but I felt I should at least ask. Included in the email was my phone number, which, until that point, she didn't have.

Anyway, she didn't show up for the premiere. Not that I looked or anything...

About a month later, I was on the phone with Elaine, pulling into a parking space at my local Target, when I got a call on the other line. I didn't recognize the number, so I didn't answer it. After I got off the phone, I saw that whomever it was had not left a message. I normally wouldn't have thought twice about it, but for some reason that day I was curious. I called the number. I got Roxanne's voicemail.

I didn't leave a message; I was too surprised. Instead, I took a minute to think, and I did something that I had only done once or twice before in my life up to that point: I sent her a text message. I said something like "I can't believe you call me for the first time in five years & I missed it. Call back anytime." She didn't. I wondered about it for a day or two, but things were busy, so I moved on.

I didn't hear from her for about a week. Then, an email:

>sorry.
> i shouldnt have called you. you gave me your number
> and curiousity got the better of me.

My response:

>It's ok....but curiosity about what?

>i dunno, lots of things. just wanted to talk to you right
>then. why am I doing
>this?

I'm hesitant. Is she trying to open some door here? I'm not in a position in my life where I could walk through it, even if I wanted to. Careful...

> Because we've been a part of each other's lives for
> over half of it, and 'cus sometimes we miss just
> talking to each other? I'm not sure I
>buy that, but
>it seems like a good, simple reason, right?

>ok, simple enuff.

(2 minutes later)

>but i dont buy it either. ive been thinking about
>you a lot lately. i wonder about you & annette,
> and i sincerely want you to be happy. i want us
>both to be happy, but that doesnt mean i dont
>wonder about us sometimes. am i making any sense?

>I want us both to be happy, also. It took me a long,
>long time, but I finally came to accept the fact that
>you had found someone that made you happy. It's
>too early to know for sure yet, but I may have found
>that as well. Maybe. That doesn't mean I don't
>wonder about
>you. I have for almost 20 years and
>I'm not real good with change,
> as you know. I guess
>it's just weird for me to hear you say...well, whatever
>it is that you're saying. What are you saying?

>you're
> right. i know you're right. we have both found
> people that we are compatible with, that are good to
> us, that really love us. it's true though that we
> will
> always love eachother. i'll admit i think
> about what our life together would have been like if
> we could have made it work. but there is a reason we
> didnt and sometimes i think it always boils down to
> timing for us. your timing, my timing. (sigh) what
> do
> i mean by bringing this up? i have no idea. there is
> a
> reason we didnt work, but i must admit i will always
> wonder what that reason is. (beware of scary
> sentence
> to follow) and IF, for whatever reason, we just FIND
> ourselves organically single again, which of course
> i
> do not expect to happen what with you officially
> getting married and all, but IF that happens, maybe
> we
> should then try again... and see if the timing is
> still off.
> why did i say that? i am not trying to stir
> something
> up, it is just honestly how i am feeling. and what
> was
> rolling around in my head about you last night. i am
> not trying to cause trouble.

Yeah...she said that. Bedtime...more later.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous recalled...

This comment has been removed by the author.

Monday, September 22, 2008 10:57:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous recalled...

So funny on my way to work after reading your post I turn on the radio and this song just so happens to play on the radio. Looking forward to the rest. Stay well.


Darling you gotta let me know
Should I stay or should I go?
If you say that you are mine
Ill be here til the end of time
So you got to let know
Should I stay or should I go?

Always tease tease tease
Siempre - coqetiando y enganyando
Youre happy when Im on my knees
Me arrodilla y estas feliz
One day is fine, next is black
Un dias bien el otro negro
So if you want me off your back
Al rededar en tu espalda
Well come on and let me know
Me tienes que desir
Should I stay or should I go?
Me debo ir o que darme

Should I stay or should I go now?
Should I stay or should I go now?
If I go there will be trouble
An if I stay it will be double
So come on and let me know

This indecisions bugging me
Esta undecision me molesta
If you dont want me, set me free
Si no me quieres, librame
Exactly whom Im supposed to be
Diga me que tengo ser
Dont you know which clothes even fit me?
saves que robas me querda?
Come on and let me know
Me tienes que desir
Should I cool it or should I blow?
me debo ir o quedarme?

Should I stay or should I go now?
yo me frio o lo sophlo?
If I go there will be trouble
Si me voi - va ver peligro
And if I stay it will be double
Si me quedo es doble
So you gotta let me know
Me tienes que decir
Should I stay or should I go?
yo me frio o lo sophlo?

Monday, September 22, 2008 12:28:00 PM  
Blogger e recalled...

You have not lost your knack for a good story, the way you tell it makes it more than compelling - you make it feel like it's happening to me.

*sigh* please don't let another month go by!!

Wednesday, September 24, 2008 3:41:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous recalled...

}}ôt~~|¥Çä|}ôÇô{ }}ôt~~|¥Çä|}ôÇô{ }}ôt~~|¥Çä|}ôÇô{ }}ôt~~|¥Çä|}ôÇô{

}}ôt~~|¥Çä|}ôÇô{ }}ôt~~|¥Çä|}ôÇô{ }}ôt~~|¥Çä|}ôÇô{ }}ôt~~|¥Çä|}ôÇô{

Attention Please Read Carefully


1870 top sexy girls




sexy bikini girls bikini beach girls showing their sexy body



sexy and hot womens playing with their husband and boyfriend




sexy girls doggy style video sexy hot style play



play girls play boys sexy playing style video of their play




sexy hot celebrities doing moddeling in bed In bed they are very sexy



beautiful girls of the world




sexy bikini girls bikini beach girls showing their sexy body



sexy and hot womens playing with their husband and boyfriend




sexy girls doggy style video sexy hot style play



play girls play boys sexy playing style video of their play




sexy hot celebrities beautiful girls of the world




sexy bikini girls bikini beach girls showing their sexy body



sexy and hot womens playing with their husband and boyfriend




Bangladeshi sexy actresses dancing and posing for cam like private sexy girls



Sexy Bengali actress pictures sexy hot asian indian girls hot Bengali girls




sexy hot celebrities doing moddeling in bed In bed they are very sexy


}}ôt~~|¥Çä|}ôÇô{ }}ôt~~|¥Çä|}ôÇô{ }}ôt~~|¥Çä|}ôÇô{ }}ôt~~|¥Çä|}ôÇô{

}}ôt~~|¥Çä|}ôÇô{ }}ôt~~|¥Çä|}ôÇô{ }}ôt~~|¥Çä|}ôÇô{ }}ôt~~|¥Çä|}ôÇô{

Thursday, November 12, 2009 8:45:00 AM  
Blogger Anonymous recalled...

I cannot believe this... Contact Dr Odunga immediately now at odungaspelltemple@gmail.com or WhatsApp Him +2348167159012

MY EX HUSBAND IS BACK TO ME!!!
This is a story of Doctor Odunga who brought my ex husband back to me in 3 days of contact. He told me me he would do it but i didn't believe him but decided to give him a try and to my greatest surprise, my ex husband came home and started playing with the kids and gave me a kiss on my cheek, knelt down on his knees and begged me for leaving without a goodbye. I heard he had woman he was seeing before he left me and i was devastated which made me seek help in a spell caster such as Dr. Odunga. I also met this man through a testimony about him and i contacted his email at odungaspelltemple@gmail.com and when i explained things to him, he told me not to worry. I am very happy today that my husband who left me for over 2 years, came back home. I asked him what about the other woman and he said that was his past and nothing will ever make him leave again. I am thankful to Dr. Odunga. Contact him to help you now at odungaspelltemple@gmail.com

Saturday, June 06, 2020 3:42:00 AM  
Blogger Mrs. McCarthy Juan recalled...

TESTIMONY ON HOW I GOT MY LOAN FROM A GENUINE FINANCE COMPANY LAST WEEK. Email for immediate response: drbenjaminfinance@gmail.com

I am Mrs,Leores J Miguel by name, I live in United State Of America, who have been a scam victim to so many fake lenders online between November last year till July this year but i thank my creator so much that he has finally smiled on me by directing me to this new lender who put a smile on my face this year 2020 and he did not scam me and also by not deceiving or lying to me and my friends but however this lending firm is BENJAMIN LOAN INVESTMENTS FINANCE (drbenjaminfinance@gmail.com) gave me 2% loan which amount is $900,000.00 united states dollars after my agreement to their company terms and conditions and one significant thing i love about this loan company is that they are fast and unique. {Dr.Benjamin Scarlet Owen} can also help you with a legit loan offer. He Has also helped some other colleagues of mine. If you need a genuine loan without cost/stress he his the right loan lender to wipe away your financial problems and crisis today. BENJAMIN LOAN INVESTMENTS FINANCE holds all of the information about how to obtain money quickly and painlessly via Call/Text: +1(415)630-7138 Email: drbenjaminfinance@gmail.com

When it comes to financial crisis and loan then BENJAMIN LOAN INVESTMENTS FINANCE is the place to go please just tell him I Mrs. Leores Miguel direct you Good Luck....

Saturday, November 21, 2020 10:12:00 AM  
Blogger Anonymous recalled...

Hi everyone Works of DR Ogala is so true with joy in my heart I have experienced it myself, Dr Ogala has helped me solve serious problem in my life, i saw his great works before i contacted him. Dr Ogala corrected my relationship in less than 48 hours he didn't just correct my relationship him has made me a happily married woman. he's really awesome and knows what he's doing. I want to recommend him to everyone !! This spell caster is very very good Professional, precise, sincere and very experienced. Thank you for your work doctor! I thank my friend for letting me know about you. I Need To Tell Everyone About You. I didn’t expect instant results and was prepared to wait for a months. To my surprise and amazement, I started to see results after a few days of casting. This man is highly recommended and That's the real thing. Give it a try and you won't be disappointed! Need help? contact him at +2347049668119 or Drogala02@gmail.com by email.. For Complete treatment of any kind of illness or diseases you can also contact him now via Email: Drogala02@gmail.Com .. you can call this mobile number or whatsApp +2347049668119 to reach him today for your own help!!

Friday, November 27, 2020 7:43:00 PM  
Blogger Anonymous recalled...

Hi everyone Works of DR Ogala is so true with joy in my heart I have experienced it myself, Dr Ogala has helped me solve serious problem in my life, i saw his great works before i contacted him. Dr Ogala corrected my relationship in less than 48 hours he didn't just correct my relationship him has made me a happily married woman. he's really awesome and knows what he's doing. I want to recommend him to everyone !! This spell caster is very very good Professional, precise, sincere and very experienced. Thank you for your work doctor! I thank my friend for letting me know about you. I Need To Tell Everyone About You. I didn’t expect instant results and was prepared to wait for a months. To my surprise and amazement, I started to see results after a few days of casting. This man is highly recommended and That's the real thing. Give it a try and you won't be disappointed! Need help? contact him at +2347049668119 or Drogala02@gmail.com by email.. For Complete treatment of any kind of illness or diseases you can also contact him now via Email: Drogala02@gmail.Com .. you can call this mobile number or whatsApp +2347049668119 to reach him today for your own help!!

Friday, November 27, 2020 7:47:00 PM  
Blogger Jessica L. Smith recalled...

After being in relationship with Wilson for seven years,he broke up with me, I did everything possible to bring him back but all was in vain, I wanted him back so much because of the love I have for him, I begged him with everything, I made promises but he refused. I explained my problem to someone online and she suggested that I should contact a spell caster that could help me cast a spell to bring him back but I am the type that don’t believed in spell, I had no choice than to try it, I meant a spell caster called Dr Zuma zuk and I email him, and he told me there was no problem that everything will be okay before three days, that my ex will return to me before three days, he cast the spell and surprisingly in the second day, it was around 4pm. My ex called me, I was so surprised, I answered the call and all he said was that he was so sorry for everything that happened, that he wanted me to return to him, that he loves me so much. I was so happy and went to him, that was how we started living together happily again. Since then, I have made promise that anybody I know that have a relationship problem, I would be of help to such person by referring him or her to the only real and powerful spell caster who helped me with my own problem and who is different from all the fake ones out there. Anybody could need the help of the spell caster, his email: spiritualherbalisthealing@gmail.com or WhatsApp him +15068001647
you can email him if you need his assistance in your relationship or anything. CONTACT HIM NOW FOR SOLUTION TO ALL YOUR PROBLEMS

Thursday, December 17, 2020 1:56:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous recalled...

BUY CDC COVID-19 REGISTERED VACCINATION RECORD CARD AT +1 (901) 878-9747

BUY CDC COVID-19 VACCINATION RECORD CARD
BUY CANADIAN DIGITAL COVID-19 CERTIFICATE
without taking the vaccine BUY CDC COVID-19 REGISTERED VACCINATION RECORD CARD AT WhatsApp: +1 (901) 878-9747
Buy Bulk COVID Self-Tests for At-Home Use EU Digital COVID passport EU Digital COVID passport Buy covid-19 test kits at home at lower prices home covid-19 testing kits Buy FDA-authorized home collection kits for rapid covid-19 home test at $100 buy DxTerity COVID-19 Saliva At-Home Collection Kit at$100 Buy Everlywell COVID-19 Test Home Collection Kit at $105 Buy Pixel by Labcorp COVID-19 PCR Test Home Collection Kit at $120 Buy BinaxNOW COVID-19 Antigen Self Test at $50 BUY CANADIAN DIGITAL COVID-19 CERTIFICATE without taking the vaccine Buy Covid-19 Vaccine Certificate without Vaccine WhatsApp: Purchase COVID vaccine passports in Australia, Buy coronavirus vaccine passport in UK
Purchase COVID vaccine passports in Australia, Buy coronavirus vaccine passport in UK
com BUY CANADIAN DIGITAL COVID-19 CERTIFICATE
buy CDC COVID-19 VAX CARD buy eu digital covid-19certificate italy without taking the vaccine buy eu digital covid-19certificate spain without taking the vaccine buy eu digital covid-19certificate polan without taking the vaccine buy eu digital covid-19certificate germany without taking the vaccine buy digital covid-19 certificate Australia without taking the vaccine WhatsApp: +1 (901) 878-9747
BUY EU Digital Covid Certificate without taking the toxic vaccine The green pass will be required for anyone aged 12 and over and, at the moment, Italy’s digital health certificate is only available to BUY CANADIAN DIGITAL COVID-19 CERTIFICATE people who were vaccinated, tested or recovered in Italy. BUY EU Digital Covid Certificate Buy covid-19 vaccine record card online, for now, the best way to show that you have been inoculated against the corona virus is a simple white card #Buy covid-19 vaccination card online#
BUY COVID19 VACCINATION RECORD CARD near me without taking the vaccine BUY COVID19 VACCINATION RECORD CARD BUY COVID19 VACCINATION RECORD CARD BUY CDC COVID-19 CACCINATION RECORD CARD covid19 vaccination card near me BUY CANADIAN DIGITAL COVID-19 CERTIFICATE: backhand_index_pointing_right: CDC COVID Card for USA without taking the vaccine BUY CANADIAN DIGITAL COVID-19 CERTIFICATE without taking the vaccine :backhand_index_pointing_right: NHS COVID Pass for UK without taking the vaccine :backhand_index_pointing_right: Canada COVID Pass without taking the vaccine :backhand_index_pointing_right: Australia Digital COVID Certificate without taking the vaccine :backhand_index_pointing_right: EU Digital COVID Certificate :backhand_index_pointing_right: COVID Card for Ireland Covid19 vaccination records scanned approved BUY CANADIAN DIGITAL COVID-19 CERTIFICATE #BUY COVID19 VACCINATION RECORD CARD# BUY COVID19 VACCINATION RECORD CARD BUY COVID19 VACCINATION RECORD CARD BUY COVID19 VACCINATION RECORD CARD

Saturday, February 05, 2022 12:56:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home