Monday, November 14, 2005

'Tis the season...

Well, the lawyers for the two warring family factions are meeting later this morning to see if my family is actually going to take each other to court or not. Both the attorneys have told my grandmother that she really doesn't have much of a case, but apparently they've never dealt with her before; my grandmother makes Bill O' Reilly look reasonable & unbiased...

So, I still don't know what's going to happen; nothing has really changed, except we've started to just be used to the tension, I guess. Oddly enough, the person who is probably the most content & least affected through all this is my great-grandpa, so thank god for small favors. I'm still losing sleep over it, though, and I know my mom is just about to collapse from nerves & exhaustion. She's going to go spend Thanksgiving with some cousins we haven't seen in years, and I think that will be good for her; she seems to be happy about that, at least.

These are cousins that, for one stupid reason or another, were branded & shunned by my grandmother years ago, and consequently have avoided her, and therefore the rest of us by proxy, for years. Turns out that most of those rifts were all caused by ridiculous misunderstandings or crazy antics on my grandmother's part, too...that we had only heard her side of up 'til now, of course. So, maybe some good will come out of this mess after all...I just still can't grasp it all.

I did get some potentially good news today on the work front, so that was something of a silver lining...if it pans out...but it's iffy, at best, and iffy is not what I need right now. I've been phenomenally lucky the past few years to have a steady stream of gigs & to be able to set my own hours & avoid having to have an actual 9-5 'job' (*shudder*), but things have been slow as molasses in this town lately, and the bills are piling up 'cus of the time I've had to spend dealing with all the drama, and basically, something's gotta give...soon, else I'll be faced with decisions potentially damaging to my bohemian lifestyle that I don't know if I'll be able to cope with. I hate the sound of a ringing phone, but dammit, somebody call me with a job...

Plus, I can't freakin' believe that it's only a few weeks 'til Christmas. I'm usually a huge sucker for the holidays. I love all the cheesy decorations, and the music, and the lights strung all over downtown, and A Charlie Brown Christmas, and everything that goes with it...but the last few Christmases have been nothing to write home about, and this one has apparently already been shot to hell. At the beginning of this year, I had a few reasons to believe that this year might be different, but I never in a million years could have foreseen all this family drama happening, and now, I'm not sure I even want to try to notice the holidays all that much this year. I'd like to, though. I'd love some halls to deck...

Santa, you out there?

5 Comments:

Blogger PAINKEY recalled...

well, when you find santa, send his ass my way. I need him too ;)

Hope all ends well with the family.
Hang in there.
cuz,
'tis the season 2 b jolly, falla la la la la LAAAAAAAAAAA'

Monday, November 14, 2005 11:30:00 AM  
Blogger M recalled...

A Charlie Brown Christmas....

I bought that the other day! :-)

Christmas just isn't complete for me without Charlie Brown, It's a Wonderful Life, the Grinch, and a Christmas Story. :-)

And as for your family troubles, I see it like this: Everyone is doing what they think is in the best interest of your grandfather. Even though everyone doesn't agree, at least you all LOVE HIM ENOUGH to fight about it.....

You'll have a good Christmas, you'll see. And family is family, no matter how messed up things become, things will resolve eventually. You can't break the bonds of family.

Monday, November 14, 2005 8:34:00 PM  
Blogger Jaded recalled...

I don't know Santa personally, but perhaps the Fairy Godmother does...

http://yourgodmother.blogspot.com

Monday, November 14, 2005 11:50:00 PM  
Blogger Molly recalled...

Your grandmother sounds a lot like mine. She has always been the first and last to make any decision for everyone in my family.

I hope everything works out the way your great grandpa would want it.

I have enjoyed reading your blog. Thanks for sharing your life.

Tuesday, November 15, 2005 11:46:00 AM  
Blogger Forever Amber recalled...

I'm stressing about Christmas too. Last year I never even put up a tree or decorated or anything. I'm contemplating doing the same this year. The Christmas traditions I enjoyed through all my life seem like a mere fantasy now. I miss being near my family and hopping from house to house. Now, I have the added stress of having to swap my daughter from year to year with her dad. NO FUN! Let's both hope that over the next six weeks something turns around and gives us both a better outlook on what should be a joyous time of year.

Wednesday, November 16, 2005 8:12:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home