Friday, April 21, 2006

Double Jeopardy

Alright; that was weird...but strangely ok. And no..she didn't find the blog. Thank god...

She just called to see how I'd been doing; she said she saw an ad for the new Superman on TV & it made her think of me, though I doubt she was picturing me in the suit (then again, she did buy me a sweet Spidey suit once long ago, but that's another story). It was actually sorta nice to talk to her, almost...it had been well over a year. Even though, whenever I talk to her nowadays, I have a hard time seeing how we got together in the first place. But somehow it happened.


She's just the same...but it just occured to me that you guys don't know exactly what that means yet, so I'll save it for later. One thing that bugs me, though...and this bugged me that last time we spoke...if I didn't know any better, and if it was any other person, I'd almost say she was coming on to me. But it's J.C., so you'll just have to take my word for it that she couldn't have been...I don't think.

And another thing that bugs me is that, as soon as we broke up, J.C. all of a sudden started liking things that I had always liked; she suddenly started reading comics & watching hockey in particular; two things she never did before, and never seemed all that open to when she was with me. What's that all about? Where was all that interest when I could have used it? She told me she just got back from vacation, where she got a freakin' Wonder Woman tattoo! I mean, come on! Please!

And no, I know what you're thinking; it's not gonna happen again, tattoo or not...trust me when I say that we are not compatible, not unless she's gone through some drastic personality shifts in the last few years, 'cus lord knows I haven't.

In any case, at least it got it out of the way for a while. And for a huge added bonus, my e-mail to Veronica seemed to work like a charm; shouldn't be hearing from her for a long while, and that does make me rest easier at night. Seriously, though...two in 2 days; what are the odds? And why is it never the ones I want? Okay, lose the 's' after that 'one'....

Back to the past later...

4 Comments:

Blogger pookalu recalled...

i think men AND women are hard to figure out.

and that's what makes it all so intriguing...lemme get a little bit philosophical here, but seriously i barely know what i want, and it's like an artist put recently:

(and i'm paraphrasing) "i totally know what i want to portray in my art, i think it's completely obvious, and then the viewer has a completely different interpretation of my work, or fails to see MY point."

so, just because we THINK we're putting out the correct message, doesn't mean it's either put out properly or read within the same context!

Friday, April 21, 2006 9:47:00 AM  
Blogger Frankie recalled...

Pretty soon, even the ones you don't want will stop calling...

Friday, April 21, 2006 11:46:00 PM  
Blogger K recalled...

Whew. Close one.

Tuesday, April 25, 2006 8:10:00 PM  
Blogger Lanie Dinecola recalled...

I haven't read your blog in a while and I somehow forgot how caught up I get in these stories.. I love reading drama.. but I don't like being involved in it!

Thursday, April 27, 2006 1:24:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home